To Get Biblical Answers to your Questions:

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Sampark December 2008: From the heart

A little girl was asked, “Is there something that Jesus cannot do?” She thought for some time and then with a beaming face replied, “My Lord cannot sin.” Yes! The Lord can neither sin nor tell lies. He has never gone back on His Word, not even to a deceiver like me. Therefore His flame is still burning in me; in all my problems I live happily, deriving comfort from His Word and I sleep peacefully in all circumstances because of His assurances.

The Lord said “IAM”; a very peculiar name, but very appropriate. When I have no hope in life and cannot find any help anywhere, His “I AM” reassures and revives me. When I fall in sin and struggle to lift myself out of it, His “I AM” comes to me for help. When it seems that all have forsaken me and I am left alone, His “I AM” reminds me that He is still by my side. When tormented by doubts about my and my family’s future and welfare, He says “Don’t be afraid, only have faith, I AM.” Giving all honor to the Lord for the grace He has bestowed upon us, is to worship Him. To reach God’s heart, our worship too should arise from our hearts. His honor flowing from our hearts is the origin of worship.

The world abounds with empty words that cannot bring any comfort. But God’s Words are full of love, forgiveness, mercy and truth. They are so soothing. To rest upon His Words is like resting our weary heads on the shoulders of our Father. Comfort a weary person through God’s Words; he will feel relieved, be at rest and will start thinking aright.

The house you are sitting in, to lay its every brick, many homeless laborers sweated it out in the blazing sun. Maybe we have never realized it or thought about it. God has also built His house through the blood of His Son, blood that flowed onto the ground like sweat.

We are righteous because we are His children, not because our works are good. But why does the Lord love me? Understand this through an example, why do you love your little children? What have they done for you? What have they given you except worries, problems and broken things in the house? There are many other children in the world, children who would be better looking, healthier, very understanding and obedient, but you still love your children; and the manner in which you love your own children, you don’t love anybody else’s – why? The one and only is reason is that because they are your children. Maybe we are not as good as we ought to be, but we are His children.

Before concluding, I want to leave something for you to ponder over:
When Abraham had no children, he brought up Lot, his brother’s son like his own. Lot’s father had passed away from this world. Abraham brought up Lot and provided everything for him. As time passed, Lot acquired everything – a wife, family, wealth, possessions, everything. Then came a time when Lot started to feel that continuing to live with Abraham will cause problems, while Abraham felt that if they live together it should be in love not through compulsion. So he gave Lot a choice, he asked him to choose any place for himself. Possessing thousands of animals and having to make a living in a desert, anybody’s natural choice will be a green and well watered place (Genesis 12). So young Lot chose the green area for himself and left the dry desert for the elderly Abraham. After some years, Lot lost everything (Genesis 14:11, 12). Aged Abraham ran with his men to help Lot; he risked his life and rescued Lot along with his family and possessions and brought them back. But Lot went back to settle in the same Sodom once again. He could walk away from Abraham but not from Sodom. Soon Sodom’s time came to an end; Abraham was again worried, not wanting Lot to perish with Sodom. He started to plead with the Lord for Sodom, in some way trying to ensure that Lot should not suffer any loss. Whereas all through these years, Lot had never bothered to visit elderly Abraham, nor did he ever care to even enquire of Abraham’s welfare. So, why did Abraham love Lot so much? Was it because Lot had been very good to him? The only reason was because Lot was his own! “…The Lord knoweth them that are His …” (2 Timothy 2:19).

If you have accepted the Lord, He has said – for you He has said “…I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment