To Get Biblical Answers to your Questions:

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Worshiping and Glorifying God - Part 2: Transformation through Worship



Transformation through Worship

Today I came across an excerpt, a perfect follow-up to illustrate the power of worship, written about and circulated yesterday. There is a challenge to be taken; read on and see if you are up to taking that challenge. The excerpt is:

As I walked with God, I began to grow in my relationship with Him, but I continued to battle chronic depression. A wise Christian woman urged me to begin keeping a Gratitude Journal. She encouraged me to keep a notebook by my bed and to record three things for which I was thankful before turning out the lights. She said that by dwelling on positive things before bedtime, I would sleep better. She challenged me to do this for 90 days, suggesting that it would give me a more positive outlook on life.

I took the challenge. At first I recorded obvious and generic things such as being thankful for friends and family. Then I began to pay closer attention to things throughout the day, and I discovered many things for which I could be thankful: a compliment from someone that lifted my spirits or a thunderstorm that reminded me of God’s awesome power. The exercise forced me to become observant. It increased my awareness of the small ways in which God expresses His love towards us every day.

I maintained the journal for only 3 months, but it changed my outlook for ever. I began to look for and find God’s overtures of love toward me in a multitude of ways. Taking notice of small things opened my eyes to bigger things God was doing in my life. I began to feel grateful that He had healed me from chronic depression, and I marveled at how He had changed my attitude toward Him from one of desperate defiance, like a hurt animal, to one of quiet acceptance and eager anticipation. Or, to put it a different way, I went from being desperate for a drop of God’s love to swimming in the ocean of God’s love. Finally, I was floating with total confidence in God’s love rather than fighting it like a drowning person.”

- An excerpt from Christy Bower’s book “Best Friends With God” taken from Our Daily Bread 2016 Annual Edition.


The challenge: Will you start and maintain your Gratitude Journal for 3 months and then share how it has helped you?

No comments:

Post a Comment